1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SeeingGreenLawncare, Oct 19, 2009.

1. SeeingGreenLawncare

SeeingGreenLawncare LawnSite Member
    from mn

I'm sitting down with my Banker and An Accountant in a few weeks but i'm wondering how other guys get there info and what there buisness status is.
    *Were do you find state regs (I'm in Minnesota) on things like Fertilizer application. Minimum state insurance requirements as well as contractor license requirements.
    * How many guys register is the state and fed? Do most smaller guys stay D.B.A. or go LLC?
    Just looking for some input. I have 12+ years as a Service Mgr. for a irrigation company. And I'm looking to do some part time above board mowing an irrigation work for myself next year. Thanks for the help.
  2. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Most states have a business website...try googling doing business in Minnesota...Sole P, LLC inc etc you should talk to your accountant about