advice???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by williams lcm, Dec 4, 2012.

1. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I purchased 21 accounts for $1500 three years ago. Still have all of them. If pricing is right, go for it.

2. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what I give for contract ones. I put it in a contract that if the customer drops before the one month than 50% to seller and 50% to buyers.

3. Gilbert503

Gilbert503 LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Sounds like a good deal to me.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The question is "does he have the client price right" if so that is a fair price for the accounts.

7. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

"IF" the pricing per account is where it should be then yes it is a great deal. If the pricing is not up to where it needs to be then you dont even want to bother with them. YES, I have bought out several smaller companies in the past and have always done pretty well keeping the customers. Most people are just glad to still have someone taking care of the lawn for a fair price, its one less thing the husband has to worry about.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

if all the accounts continue to keep you then its a great plan...i would make sure your only paying for the ones that end up staying with you so that your not losing money and paying for accounts that you dont mow