1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advise needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pipe76, Jul 24, 2003.

1. pipe76

pipe76 LawnSite Member

Hello, New here, but excited because this is exactly what I've been looking for!! Need advise, Looking to buy a zero turn commercial mower, First of all to stop spending every waking moment on my craftsman rider, too mow my own lawn, about 2 acres, and my family and friends. mainly because I love to operate the zero turn mowers!! Ben lookin at scag tiger cub,(have not seen mentioned here at all) Maybe thre's a reason!, gravely 260Z - or a kubota areo turn, Had a friend do my lawn the other day with a kubota and handled bumps and hills excellently, But havent really had a chance to see how the gravely or scag would work. Maybe you guys could help me decide, anyway going to wait for pre season specials. Do you think thats the best time to buy? anyway, great to be here, and thaks in advance for the advice!!!!!!
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

My equipment supplier don't sell many Scag riders anymore. I don't know anything about them. But if they are not selling them, there is a reason. Gravely they don't sell either.

They do sell. Walker, Exmark, Toro riders and stand on machines as well as the full line of Scag, Toro, Exmark, Kees W/B

I trust my supplier to provide the best products available. I never question their judgement. Then again. I know all of them like a cousin
  3. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

We run a tiger cub, and really like it. We bought it new this year. It has the 19HP Kawasaki in it. We really like the cut. We git great stripes with no striping kit. Easy to handle. Try doing a search for Scag on this forum.
  4. pipe76

pipe76 LawnSite Member

thanks maple city, Fireman myself, The tiger cubs the one i've been leaning torwards, Basically because of the preseason price of 6000, .. You havent had any trouble with it being belt driven?
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

This site is Pro Exmark or Hustler (they are sponsors), thats why you dont't here much about them and everyone will steer you towards them.

As for the Scag Tiger Cub, they are awesome. I have a 52" and its built like a tank. In my opinion they cut the best and disperse clippings like no other. I would demo the machines and decide for yourself and most important find a good dealer.
  6. pipe76

pipe76 LawnSite Member

rob1325, thanks for the advice, did you find that you need the mulching kit or not really?
  7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use one, just disperse, but have spindle vac and its awesome, even in wet grass.