Advise on 2.5 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, May 3, 2002.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I just bidded on 2.5 acres today.it has 2 homes on it with your normal weedeateing it is flat land.I'am useing a 52" turf tracer What would you charge (ballpark guess) I'll let you know my bid latter lets see what you guys would do it for

2. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

if flat 100, mostly flat 125, if hilly i would have to see it to give you a estimate.
    bryan

3. Weekly cut $75 to $80. That would be considered top money in my neck of the woods. But then again the average income for a working stiff is only $17.000 per year in my area with most people on some type of transfer payment.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

~ $100.00

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i have one account that is 1.27 acres and it brings $70 per cut, so i'd have to say about $140 for your 2.5.

6. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $65 per cut sight unseen. After I have been out to look at the property, I will adjust price if need be.

7. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I usually charge $60.00 per acre. Thats what I start with. Since theres 2 acres adjoining each other, I would consider a discount. Like maybe the whole thing for the price of 2 acres. ($120.00)Unless there is excessive trimming or any extras. I honestly don't know how some of you guys make it just charging only 65 for 2 acres?:confused:
    Hope this helps anyway.:blob2:

8. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

How long will it takes you to mow 2.5 acres with 52 inches turf tracer?

Keith

9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well guys i hit her for 85.00 per acre on thursday.she said she will call be by saturday to let me know .after hearing some of your prices i may been way to hi!I'll let you know the out come.

10. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

around $120...assuming trimming takes no more than about 15 minutes