1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advise on building a small sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MOW ED, Mar 13, 2001.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Any advise on the ins and outs of building a small lawn sprayer. I'm really looking for specs and tips. I am thinking about a 25gal unit that can sit in the catcher of my Walker. I'd have to fabricate a boom assembly. I'd like to stay simple to start with a 12v pump. Mayby add a 20ft hose for spot shots.
    Anyone done this or have manufacturers to suggest for parts?
    Let me know what ya think. Thanks
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

You can buy a agri-fab pull behind sprayer with a boom and just mount it on the back of your walker. I think there only 260 bucks at lowes!
  3. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I bought the 15 gallon AgFab unit ( at Lowes ) to install on my Toro Z. The tank will mount between front casters and boom on back of mower. In my research I found this to be the simplist, most economical way to get what I needed. I'll probably use the wheels that came with the unit on some other project. Unit cost $267. You can also find spray supplies at Northern Tools, Gemplers and Tractor Supply Company. If you do a search on the Web, there are many others.