Advise on Leaf Vacuums/truck loaders

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by NonStop, Oct 9, 2010.

1. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

Oh, duh. my bad. I knew something didn't look right when I typing it. Too much of a hurry...

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on mounting it on the back of the trailer. I would never want to work off the middle like someone said all claustrophobic in between the truck and trailer. It's much easier to get to piles with it on the back. It's heavy on your door, but I had some extra mounting brackets mounted right to the trailer so that the weight is not so bad, I pull 2 pins and it comes right off. 2 pins and it's back on. I don't have to take it off to dump tho, I just swing it right out of the way, and I have a hook on the trailer that just holds it when it dumps.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

3. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

Nice. What type of tarp over the top do you have?

Did you make the swing away mount or buy it?

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

If you had arched hoops to hold up your tarp and had your loader pipe at the top of your door, you would be able to get a full load to the top of your sides.

5. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The tarp was a temporary thing, I now have a nice clean looking mesh dump truck tarp over the top that allows it to vent. Also, I can fill the trailer full with the loader pipe where it is, less a tiny spot around the very end of the loader pipe. I like to dump the leaves at the end of everyday so the cold at night doesn't freeze them to the inside of the trailer. I have never gotten close to filling the trailer in a day as the leaves are run through 3 sets of blades by the time they are in the trailer generally (mower, vac system, truck loader) and the trailer holds ~20 yards.

And the swing away setup was custom fabricated.. i will take some pictures at some point if i can remember

6. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a weber gas grill cover. The more you spend on one the thicker and more durable they are.

7. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

Thats a good idea!

Anyone with pictures of their loaders on the front of their trailers?

8. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

Finally opened the box on this guy last night. Will be mounting this week and in service next week.

Any last minute advice on where to mount? Still haven't decided....:rolleyes:

BillyGoat 006.jpg

9. ruftstrebor1

ruftstrebor1 LawnSite Member

Looks purty! Take pics.

10. Mr. Mow it all

Mr. Mow it all LawnSite Member

wow! That looks ..........Expensive! howthehell much was that?