1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

advise on log splitters

Discussion in 'Firewood' started by Guest, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Have you looked at the U.S. Pride Products log splitter yet?
    if you are planing to split alone this is the way to go.
    I am the president of U.S. Pride Products and can answer any questions.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

look at the Hands Free Log Splitter from U.S. Pride Products.
    www.usprideproducts.com
    this is a one person splitter where the operator never touches the wood.

very fast and effective.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I've never used one and it will probably last the month but how many seasons you'll get out of it? That's the question. Good luck.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Have you checked out the smaller Timberwolfs? The TW1 or 2? I don't know how different the pricing is between those and the Troy-bilt you're looking at but I'm sure it would hold out longer and Timberwolf is much more reliable warranty wise. Just a thought.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, good to hear your happy with it except for the constant fill ups.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds like it's working well for you. Have you had any of the severe storms/tree damage in NJ the past few weeks?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I know Timberwolf is the only way to go but I cant afford a new one right now :cry: I looked at some used one and I cant see my self spending $2k less or so for beat up ones ( thats if they wanna sell them )

so I looked into troy-bilt 27ton at lowes with 3 year warranty on all parts labor pickup drop off etc for $1500 with a Honda engine

question is will it handle being used all day for month ? I plan on doing 6 or so cords a week by my self :)

can a troy-bilt stand the use ? anyone used them here commercially ?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh not a month lool hell it better last more than one month

plan is to make the firewood income pay for a timberwolf tw-5 or 6 in a year at most so the troybilt would need to hold up for a year or so

9. Guest

Guest Guest

the tw2 hd is 4200 + log lift + 4 way splitter which is almost 4 times as much as a troybilt

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I ended up buying the Troy bilt and I am impressed with the way its made and the power it have only thing they should have done better is add a much bigger fuel tank to that 160cc honda engine

nothing stopped in its way so far