1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

advise on mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bulldogg, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

this was my first season in the business and i did good. i have already got customers to sign up for next year and i have also landed some descent sized commercial accounts. so far i have a the good trimmers and blowers but i have a regular riding mower and a 21'' push mower. i will be keeping the push mower but i was wondering what mower should be purchased next. a walk behind or a ztm. i am leaning towards the ztm since i will be doing large yards but i am so very confused on which size and brand to go with. also what about buying used like off of craigslist or ebay

any advise is greatly appreiciated

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

there are many different brands to chose from. it comes down to personal preference. what ypu can afford, and dealer support. i would say that a 48'' or 52'' would probably be good

3. bulldogg

bulldogg LawnSite Member

i was thinking about a 52 or even 60 inch ztm. ex mark has a great dealer locally but the new ones may be a bit out of my reach.. i had thought about a used one.

4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

It a ZeroTurnRadius.

Check classifieds and craigslist for a used Exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device