1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Advise..Trade 260Z for Silver Eagle Dixie

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Bayrat, May 13, 2008.

1. Bayrat

Bayrat LawnSite Member
    from NY

I purchased a new Gravely 260Z 25 Kawasaki with 60" deck with hydraulic lift three seasons ago. Since that time I really have not been happy with the sluggish acting hydraulics. I really liked the Dixie when I tried it, but at the time, the model I wanted at the only dealer in the area was not available.

My Z now has 150 hours on it since the only use is to mow my three acre lawn. Machine is like new due to my wash and wax and regular maintenance. The Dixie dealer is offering me 5k on a trade for the Silver Series 27 HP Generac, manual lift.

Any input on the Dixie machine and/or the deal would be appreciated. His price on the Dixie is $7299 and it is a left over model.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok the new 2008 Silver Eagle 2760hp is a nice machine however it has electric deck lift on it! Which some like some do not! It would just be a prefference!
  3. Bayrat

Bayrat LawnSite Member
    from NY

I believe the leftover he has is manual lift. Although he has not gotten back to me with a trade price. For now, I made some linkage adjustments on the 260 and it seems much better. He was talking 5k for mine off the list of the Dixie which he says is around 7299. Never called me back though.