1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jallen, May 18, 2002.

1. jallen

jallen LawnSite Member

I am a home owner with a little over 1/2 acre to mow. I am looking into a commercial walk behind to save time. I don't have many obstacles to turn around in the yard, only a deck. I currently have a rider and spend too much time turning to get back into position. What is the best option for someone like me.

I have looked into them and found some clearance deals on a Honda HRC7113 Tru-Gear 48" and a Bob-Cat/Ryan Gear Drive Mid-Size 36". Both are very reasonably priced.

Any advise?
  2. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

Buy an Exmark Walk Behind; Either belt driven or Hydro... Well worth the Money. Check it out. Most dealers will let you demo one to try it and see if you like it.

3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know much about the first mower you mentioned, but the bobcat is a well made mower. I don't know how good of a deal you are getting, but, a 36 commercial bobcat only usually cost $150 less than a 48" walk behind brand new.
  4. jallen

jallen LawnSite Member

I know that Exmark is rated pretty high, probably higher then Honda or Bob-Cat. Does anyone have any experience with either?
    This Honda has the T-bar type operation and the Bob-cat is pistol grip.

Both are closeouts from last seaon and alomost equal is price (about $200 difference). They both are about $2k. HOnda is 48" Bob-cat is 36".

What would you choose? (again this is for 1/2 acre yard with minimal obstacles to go around - I don't want to overbuy!!)