Adwords

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by New2TheGreenIndustry, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

+1 I recently noticed an ad in gmail for a LCO I had never heard of. I clicked on the ad and found it was for a company that operates about 200 miles away. Don't waste your $$.

2. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Hmm. Lately I've been looking at what pops up and I have to say some of them are nowhere near close.

3. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

we spent a little over $800 on adwords in sept and oct 2011, and picked up $4000 in aerations.

4. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

I've had pretty good luck with Adwords. Last year that's the only thing I did for advertising. That and did Seo on my website. You have to pick the right keywords though!

5. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

What keywords did you use?

6. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

Vague one word keywords will get alot of impressions and also quite a few clicks from people who will not ever buy from you. I know from experience!

I have done more research this winter and will try to use several words together and i also only target my immediate area.

This will be my first spring that I am a little more knowledgable about adwords.

I have spent a bunch of money on there with little results the last couple years.

Hopefully this spring will be more profitable with adwords.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

So if an ad pops up and someone clicks on it and gets directed to your website, you get charged for that? What if it's the same person clicking it over and over?

8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Good, then I'm costing one of my competitors a ton lot...his ads keep popping up for me! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Adwords Click Fraud and Invalid Traffic