1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by New2TheGreenIndustry, Jan 12, 2013.

1. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

from google help:
    (content had a link to an adwords help page.)
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ok...I've had it now...who are they calling an Invalid?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad::angry::angry::angry:
  3. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

better turn off your webcam; maybe google hacked it and is watching you...
  4. tmasterlc

tmasterlc LawnSite Member

So if you are charged per clicked, how does the daily budget fit in?
  5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

The daily budget is your cap. If your bid is $1/click, and you have an $8 daily budget, you're done at 8 clicks each day.

If you're just exploring the world of Adwords, take the time to learn the ins and outs and understand the differences between Adwords and Adwords Express. It's in your business', and budget's, best interest to use Adwords and not Express. The key differences being that Express is more expensive (you know, for the premium-priced "convenience" Google gives you) and only uses Broad Match keywords. Traditional Adwords allows for greater flexibility and the significantly more important Exact and Phrase keyword matching.
  6. tmasterlc

Ive just started adwords.... I guess Im a bit lost on how the bid is established? And yes, I will be doing some more research to get the answers.. but just hoping I could get the short, sweet answer here.
  7. Reflection

Reflection LawnSite Member

With Google's evolving focus on local search I'm wondering if Adsense has become less important, especially for businesses who aren't in large markets.
  8. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

How does billing work? Do they bill you the full amount at the beginning of the month? Do you pay by the month?
  9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You can either prepay, set up auto pay, or, if you do enough volume and have credit with G, be invoiced.

- If you go prepay, your spend gets deducted from your available balance. When your balance is gone, your ads are shut off until you add more money.

- Auto pay has various levels that trigger your credit card being charged. The trigger escalates over time as you increase your standing with G. I believe the first trigger for new Adwords users is $50 or $100.

- Invoicing is for high-dollar accounts and is probably not applicable for the majority of users (several thousand/month).
  10. tmasterlc

Mine triggers at $50 and is taken from the business checking account.

Im also wondering if its wise to use both the Display Network and the Search? It seems the Display Network puts you in places that dont cover your geographic target market... I dont need my ad to show up anywhere other than the areas I service... thoughts?