Adwords

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by New2TheGreenIndustry, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I believe I am very selective with my keywords, I receive about 100 impressions / day with about 1% ctr and a cost of 1-5/click. I also have my max budget set to a max $5/click.

2. Clay Sink

Clay Sink LawnSite Member

I am giving adwords a try as we speak, It's only been up for a week. We will see how it works out.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Does any one know of a dynamic contract form for Wordpress? I thinks it's what is holding back my website.

And people do your research please. I paid someone to "build"my website. They modified a theme and then turned it over to me to add all content. Sad
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure why but I feel silly asking' what do you mean by a dynamic contract form?

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Whiffy, Contact Form 7 is the most popular plugin and, if you know your way around CSS, very easy to style. You can easily (no, really!) add it to sidebars, footers, menus, headers, or a main contact page.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

6. tmasterlc

tmasterlc LawnSite Member

Just an update to my CPC being so high. After several calls to Google Adwords and a bunch of advise and ideas I finally have things on a reasonable track. Its a shame going in I didnt spend alot more time researching and learning the adwords "game". Unfortunatley it is costly when you wing-it!

Bottom line... really, really, really scrutinize your keywords.

Never use broadmatch.

Never let your ads run at the top of the page with Tru Green and Scotts... unless of course you have deep pockets... its a bidding war for position and the big dogs will win!

Everyone I talked to that found us on these ads said they never picked the top of the page ads... just because they were looking for local companies that probably wouldnt be there... they always picked the side bar company ads.

Do not let autobid set you max bid rate. Do not list on the top of the page... just list on the front page.

Use negative keywords.... really, really make use of these. I was amazed at the totally unrelated stuff that came up because of negative keywords in a broad match phrase... and then people clicked thru and I pay the price.

Use exact match as much as possible and phrase match is okay too.

You may get less impressions with these restrictions but the quality will go up and the cost will go down.

Hmmm, more quality means less cost... just the reverse of what every other company tries to do!!!

7. tmasterlc

tmasterlc LawnSite Member

... and, the AdWords seems to be working well!

8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

wtg. glad you figured it out at $18 and not $180

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

1,000 times this.

Glad you got it sorted out. Once you figure out how granular you can go with your targeting, it's not difficult to run, or test, campaigns.

10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

not to mention acervulus