1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aerated today!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Rick13, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you mean DA Quality....but my friend has it in his mind he wants his grass thicker. There are areas in his back yard when he could use some....but it's his sprinkler system that will really make his yard thick. Plus his sprinkler system has a fertilizer system in it, so when he waters his yard it gets a very light dose of fertilizer every day.

So I don't think he needs it slit seeded, but he wants it...so I will spread it light at 1 to 2 pounds per 1000 sq. ft. Spread the starter fertilizer and then let his sprinkler system do it's magic!!!

I will take some pictures of the slit seeding....I think I will do it on Monday if we don't get any rain.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Fertilizer added to a daily watering and you are going to go "light" with an additional 1-2 pounds/K...

You don't have to sand the boards if you put on 5 coats of lead paint... :)
  3. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

I know....I will be dethatching his yard next fall. But it's what he wants....can't always tell them what's best.