1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aerating $59.95 Call ###-###-####

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That's all it said.

Sign on trailer pulled by nice looking Suburban with a new Kubota tractor and new aerator.

The scrubs are here now too.
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If scrubs are driving nice Suburbans towing new Kubotas I think I want to be one.

Sounds like they've got the equipment to do it right and at a good price. How does that make them scrubs?
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Down with the scrubs,Down with the scrubs,Down with the scrubs!
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Maybe he meant to say LOWBALLERS!:angry:
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would probaly guess that the $59.95 price was just a lure to get customers to call. There is a few lco that market that way here. If not I would agree that he would be a lowballer, not a scrub.

6. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Since when has grossing $59.95 an hour become scrub territory.
    This has been discussed in previous posts - wish I could aerate everyday of the week. Pay some guy $15.00 an hour even and still make a decent profit. Would rather have 4 Lawnaire V's going flat out every day than one ZTR!! mowing! for the same equipment cost. Heck rent 4 trucks from enterprise for the week and / or weekend. Sales is about putting your name in front of as many people as possible. How many guys here invest 20% of there gross on advertising alone. If you cant invest in yourself aka advertising how do you expect others to.

Do the math.

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea but it's still nice to make $100 an hour!
  8. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly, if, as it was said above, that is a "lure" it is a good one and not really a lowballer approach. My minimum is $60 (to aerate 3K sq.ft. - yes I charge 2 cents per sq.ft.) so he may in fact be righ on the money, Especially if he has to pay off that new equipment.
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Boohoo, where did you get the "an hour" from??
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with TLC - No scrubs :D