aerating: how much do ya charge

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by orlawncaresvc, Jul 26, 2009.

1. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering. what do you guys charge for aerating a lawn? do you charge by square footage? hour? or by the job?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well,..what our rates over here are, may be way different from your part of the country,...but I can tell you this....We get $25 stop fee and $6.25/M.

3. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge a minimum of $50 for a half acre lot with little to no obstacles or slopes. If it has a lot of obstacles or a decent slope the price will go up at my discretion. And I'm either at or a little under (around $5 less normally but I DO NOT low ball EVER!) what every one else charges in my area for the same sized yard.

4. GreenAcresLandscaping

GreenAcresLandscaping LawnSite Member

What would you guys charge for a 1.25-1.5 acre lot? I am going to use my ATV to pull it and hopefully get 10 or 12 yards to do in a day. The rental is $75 for the day.

5. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not knowing what the rates are in your area, I would say that $150 per yard would do it. What I would do is instead of renting I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a good tow behind aerator and forget about rental until you can afford a comercial grade tow behind unit. This way you never have to worry about availability at the rental yard and if it breaks it is cheap enough that if it breaks you can just strip it for parts and buy a new one. I bought mine when I first started out and it payed for itself within a week and back then I charged less than I do now.

6. GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

25/ 1000sq ft with seed, 10 with out.

7. hockeyfans

hockeyfans LawnSite Member

If you wanted to buy one for yourself and spend some money, you can check your local golf courses and see if they have any machines lying around that they are not using. You might have to fix them up for little money but it would be a good investment.

8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

$125 per 10,000 sgft without seed.

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I just booked one today for $200 and its 5000 sf.

10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

THANK YOU. :clapping:

I've been following this thread and I was starting to think I've been ripping folks off.