Aerating....price check please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrblawncare, Aug 30, 2002.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just want to check my prices with others to see if I'am in the ball park with aeration this fall.....using a classen TA-25 walk behind.

single pass aeration - 8.00 per 1,000 sq. ft { minimum of 50.00 }

double pass w/ overseed - 28.00 per 1,000 sq.ft using 4 to 6 lbs. of fescue.

also wondering if any of you pull a drag after an overseed...to help break up the cores and help with the seed to soil contact ?

Thanks

2. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Double pass aeration
    6-7 lb fescue blend
    starter fertilizer

$40/1000 sq. ft.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Decent prices...but I wouldn't advise pulling a drag line.

Why take the chance of moving the seed all around while breaking up the cores?:confused:

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I charge $10/1000 sq.ft for slicing+seed & fertilizer+application, or simply put, $30/1000 sq ft. I am thinking about charging more this fall.

MATT

5. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Single pass aeration = 2 cents per sq.ft. or $20 per 1000
    Seed and Starter = 1.5 - 2 cents per sq.ft. (depending on if it is Park & Athletic/Metro or Double Eagle+Blue)
    Sliciing and breaking up cores w/JRCO rake = 2 cents per sq.ft. (two passes)

I usually quote job as a reno at $60 per thousand as listed above unless they specify otherwise.

Add another 2 cents per if the need to be thatched prior and more if there are alot of weeds that need to be sprayed a week or so before the actual job.
    Some guys around here quote 10 cents per sq.ft. and get it ... Hey as compared to a sod job, that is a bargain. Especially when they see the great results ... if they WATER !!!