1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aerating Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you guys charging per 1,000 sq. ft. for aerating only? And for aerating and overseeding (8-10 lbs/1000 sq. ft.)?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

[​IMG] WHAT !!!!! [​IMG]

A Sr. Member who doesnt know whats in the archives!!!! :angry:

3. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

8 to 10 lbs per 1k is to much seed if you're only overseeding.
    As to how much do I charge to Seed, Fert and Aerate...We charge around $24 per 1k sometimes higher if it's a PIMA lawn.

Good Luck
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

There are just so damn many differences in prices I've seen in all the posts Kris!:blob2:

PS: LGF...I saw that, but.........

PPS: NCBD...that's right about where I'm at...thanks for answering my question a opposed to being flamed by the likes of....
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I too agree that 8-10#/m sf is in fact over kill while overseeding.

I like to use 5#, but if the lawn needs the boost I will go 6#/m sf. Rather than use the fall fertilizer I will go with a full rate starter fert app at this time.

The important thing is to make sure that you not only have good seed-soil contact, but that it germinatews and gets a first cutting prior to late October.

6. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

I actually I go by turf thickness. The thicker the turf the less seed used. If a lawn is very thin I might suggest slit seeding as apposed to just aerafy or use both. As far as price you said there are so many choices so go with the one that you will be able to sell and make a good profit on. Your choice not ours. Your market not mine.

BTW:blob2: we were not flaming you:rolleyes: LOL

7. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I'm taking a marketing approach thinking most homeowners will be willing to pay ~$150 for someone to do it as opposed to the $60 rental.

I'm running a newspaper flyer advertising aeration of lawns up to 1/4 acre at $149. Most lawns will fall into this category.

That works out to $13.68 per 1K sf for aeration only.
    Add another $10 for seed and fert. and I'll be in Big Daddy's pricing territory.