aerating prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamc6, Jan 27, 2002.

1. adamc6

adamc6 LawnSite Member

is the a general rule for charging to aerate a lawn. i have heard it's about double the price you charge to mow it. If you have any information, please let me know. thank you...
  2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

See the post a little farther down this page. If you repost Plow Kid will have to shoot his dog. You'll understand what I mean if you see my post on Home Depot.
  3. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 10 per well for me.
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

$12 per K here
  5. bayaa

bayaa LawnSite Member

I charge about thrity five dollars for the first 1000 sq ft and about half that (17) for the next. To de-thatch i usally doble the price i would aerate a lawn for and if they had both I give a ten dollar discount.
  6. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I sure wish I could get 10$ per 1000 sq ft in my primary market. My primary market is flooded with guys who advertise $15 for a small lawn, $20 for a medium lawn, and $35 for a large lawn. I don't know what they consider a small lawn, etc.. But at any of these prices I don't bother with aeration.

My secondary market 40 miles from the primary one is another story. I charge 3 times my cutting charge and get some work.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

$10 per 1000 sf. Sometimes I use 2.5 to 3 times a cutting price.
  8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

As you can see it varies and depends where you are and how large the props are..

I charge $5 per K for my maintenance customers. $7.50-10 for non customers.. depending how large or whether I'm seeding also. Majority of the properties are over 44K...

Shoot for 3 times the mow..
  9. $5/K is cheap.
    But that's what I've been charging. For my customers' lawns that are measured by the acre.
    Holes only, 2" deep x 3/4" cores.
    About 8 holes per sq ft. (two passes)

This is also an excellent time to upsell the customer:
    Topdressing with sand, compost, etc
    Dragging (wish there was a better word)

I'm just figuring this out myself, but I'm thinking I'd charge an added $5/K to topdress & drag smooth.

10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Usually try to get 7-10 per k depending on the yard and difficulty.