Aerating Pricing and More...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SOONERS222, Jan 10, 2009.

1. SOONERS222

SOONERS222 LawnSite Member

How much should I charge to aerate. Do I charge by square foot? How much for a 1/2 acre lot? How about a full acre? Do a have a minimal charge? Also, where do I purchase flags to mark sprinklers, invisible fences, etc... Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. FGM350

FGM350 LawnSite Member

Do you own the machine? or will you rent? I would figure a price by square feet, machine costs, fuel, time, etc..It does take a while depending on the property size and machine size also. So invest in a measuring wheel and start with a measurement of the property. I hope this will help get you going in the right direction.

3. SOONERS222

SOONERS222 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I own a Ryan Lawnaire IV

4. FGM350

FGM350 LawnSite Member

Sweet more money in your pockets! and you dont have to return the machine at the end of the week.

5. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have someone that mentioned this fall they might be interested in me doing some aeration for them this spring. What is the average price of aeration per 1000 sq. ft? I would be renting a machine, hopefully a Ryan LawnAire. Please help!

6. 1.2.3. green

1.2.3. green LawnSite Member

See my post under Husquarna aerators

7. dennys-lawn

dennys-lawn LawnSite Member

.15 sq. ft. is our rate. Minimum $85.00 charge. We top dress also to compliment aerator service.

8. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

.15 a sq ft??? That's $150 per 1000 that's $750 for an average 5,000 sq ft yard??? Are you sure you aren't charging 1.5 cents a foot $75 per 5K yard?

If you are charging 15 cents a sq ft are you also seeding and top dressing and cleaning up plugs - please share your secret and how many lawns and neighborhoods are you servicing?

9. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

We've always charged $99 for the first 5000sq ft, with a $10 charge per additional 1000 sq ft. Seems to both profitable and fair to both parties. Add some seed and straight fert at the time of visit and it boosts the bottom line.

Mike

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

cleaning up plugs?
    your not saying you rake up the plugs up are you?