1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

aerating question

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gslawncare, Mar 22, 2005.

1. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

Illinois is in a bad weather slump right now. 50 is the highest temp so far. that only lasts from 11-2. the ground is pretty wet, no puddles or anything. I went to use my core aetator and only about 25% of the cores actually came through. I figured maybe the ground was too wet or my tines aren't sharp enough????? at least the surface was punctured like an aerator that only pokes holes(for buster's only). Should I wait til it gets a little dryer or wing it. also, whats the average price for new core type tines. Classen???

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you even think about aerating this time of the year? It's way too early...

4. lawnfreak

lawnfreak LawnSite Member

You might want to check out Turfco for tines. I bought some from them that fit my ryan aerator for $2.65 each. For thirty of them including shipping it was $91.89. Their number is 1-800-679-8201. They have them on their website but their site seemed to have some problems when I tried to order them off of it.