Aerating

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by B&K LawnCare, Feb 27, 2006.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a john Deere ztr and was wondering if any of you guys aerate with yout ztr or what do you guys have for aerating and how do you like it?

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a Trac Vac front mounted aerator on my Toro ZTR, very fast and does a good job. Use it mainly on large properties. Also you will need counterbalance weights for the back, on a down hill run you will have a hard time turning with it on the machine. You can go so fast it will throw cores in your face.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I use a Lesco 60" behind my Gravely 260Z. It works good for large areas, however its a little hard to maneuver in tight areas as it is about 12'6" long all together. I hope to build an electric lift for the wheels cause its a pain in the butt if you have to go over driveways or walkways etc.

gravely-aerator.jpg

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Turfco makes a 42 inch tow behind that was made just for use with Z mowers. They made a change a few years ago in the tongue to make it longer so when you turn too tight the unit does not hit the tires. Works great with Z mowers. Not sure what it costs not probably $1700 to $1800.. You can go check at Turfco.com, they have a web site with prices. I have a whole trailer full of Turfco eguipment and love it.