1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aeration: $35 up to 30,000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Local coupon book just came out. This outfit is offering "Spring Aeration $35.00 for up to 30,000 square feet."

Hope his machine breaks:(

A few repair bills MIGHT snap out of his daze...
  2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent !!

I will sub him out to do 3 of my 10k properties all in a row and pocket the difference while he works and I take my kids to the park. :D
  3. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

wondering if thats a misprint. maybe its supposed to be 3000 square feet..........hes gonna be sweating bullets if its not
  4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW...do you know the company? are they new?
  5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

It is a new company. This year was his first season. He started out by lowballing a buddy of mine and taking a primo account. Hopefully he will get some 30,000 foot jobs and it will break him. I don't imagine he is making any $$.

Basically he is just a great example of the losers that drive our market down. Even people that won't call him will see the moron's add and think that must be the market price. They hurt everybody on their way out of business.
  6. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I hope this guy has a 10 foot wide aerator. There is know other way the guy can stay in business.

7. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

if hes using one of those bs tow behind spikey looking jobbies then he could be stealing $35 from every one 'cause he sure aint aerating. If hes using a ryan or other reputable core aerator then there aint no way hes making money. But fot $35 up to 30k I'll sub out to him andtake the week off.
  8. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

well, he will either cut his teeth and learn for next yr, or he will go out of business.

or he will have a heart attack trying to do those aerations

in the mean time i would prepare a response to all the people asking why you are not as cheap as he is.
  9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Uh, probably 5 or six rows by the walk and drive and skip every other row in the field. No one will complain cause its only $35. TGCL trick. Lets call it 1/2 ghosting.

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Wow, and to think that I charge around $50 just to mow 30,000 sq.ft. I must be overpriced. ;)