Aeration and overseeding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm offering aeration and overseeding this fall to my customers. I'm going to include a letter in my next statement that explains the benefits of aeration and overseeding. Anyone want to help with the wording?

Aeration and overseeding are important steps tool for helping your lawn look its best. Aeration helps to improve compacted soil and ....... Overseeding helps fill in your lawn and lets you have the full plush look.
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I would explain aeration and overseeding seperately. That way there in no confusion as to what is what. Maybe even say "Aeration makes small holes or plugs in the soil, helping the grass roots to grow stronger and help choke out or even prevent weed growth. Overseeding will force more grass to grow, and again choke out and prevent many weeds". If you explain it for the customer they will have a better idea of what your talking about and be easier to get signed up. I wish you well with your new addition. Let us know how it goes.
  3. Nick

Nick Banned

The company RYAN makes booklets about the benefits of thatching, aerating, and overseeding. They are made to be shown to customers to sell them on the service.:blob3:
  4. Tony

Tony LawnSite Member

Cullen, Just as Nick stated there are pamplets out that will help you sell aeration to your customers. If you will email me I'll send you a copy. Tony
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

vandora check out my web site at if you wont to copy it you can if it will help
  7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Many thanks gentleman, I got my letter all together.
  8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I used turfco's Free brochures last year with very good results. The brochure explains the avantages very well and best of all there free! I beleave you can order them form tufcos website!
  9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

vondora: can you share it with us?