Aeration Benefits vs Lawn Rolling vs. Others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, Feb 27, 2005.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Help:I would like more information as to what the latest and greatest way to market and sell aeration service, overseeding, dethaching, power raking, lawn rolling service I did do some tow behind types when customers called for last season. I was wondering if it would all work together for a package and or not.
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Lawn rolling went the way of the dodo. It causes too much compaction and can disrupt soil structure. Don't do it! Core aeration with overseeding is preferred. Dethatching and power raking are the same thing. There are certain circumstances where power raking may be used, but not every lawn requires it. HTH.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am trying to help. By the way you asked the question it sounds like you may not know the benefits of these services or what they do.
    The best way to market anything is to know what it does and any benefit it has. The next step is to find out what the customer needs or educate him to what he needs and than use the best tool to deliver. The customer does not want lawn care or mowing or aeration. All they want is a manicured lawn that is healthy. You have to know how to make that happen and then sell the fact that you can and will do it.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the best way to sell it, is by educating the customers on the benefits of it

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

tiedeman---That is pretty sure, 100+.