Aeration flier on my window today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DanaMac, Jun 10, 2005.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So today I come home, and on the window to my front door is a flier for aeration and fertilizing. It said $35 aeration for the whole lawn and now is the time to do it.
    #1 - I am a sprinkler tech, but I was under the impression that aeration in middle of summer was wrong. I thought it was usually in the spring and/or fall. At least that was what I was told when I did aeration for a full lawn company 16 years ago.

#2 - I live in the middle of the forest with no lawn!!!! I do have grass but it is a native style, but I would not consider it a "lawn". It is also 12"-18" high and needs to be cut down with a trimmer. I do that twice a year. Seems like a waste or their time to flier this neighborhood.
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

People have been aerating here for the last 3 weeks.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Aerating can be done anytime. However, if it is only going to be done once per season, fall IS the most beneficial time to do it. For right now for instance, we are going into such hot weather, that I have a bad feeling that we might get into drought like conditions. This will hurt any non-irrigated properties. It is only June 11, and so far, we have had more days above 90 than we had all year last year. Anyway, under extreme circumstances, aeration may help for water usage, especially if there is runoff on slopes from such dry, hard ground.