Aeration & overseeding machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Apr 21, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Okay, Here it is. This system rocks.

2-15-04 187.jpg

2. James Cormier

from Ma

3. James Cormier

from Ma

All the other pics are too big, so I will have to re size and post later, but here are a few more of me with the ultra on the first lawn of the season

2-15-04 136.jpg

4. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Looks cool, please repost how you hooked it up to the stander.I was thinking of doing the same thing on mine...

5. James Cormier

from Ma

Here's the whole family at cape cod this past weekend

2-15-04 172.jpg

6. James Cormier

from Ma

I cant figure out how to resize, all the other pic are 155,000 bytes, when I go in and change the photo it gets smaller but the bytes stay the same???

You can almost see how its hooked up with the first photo, THe stander has little holes in the plate you stand on, so there is just a pin that goes through that.

Sometimes I mount a small motorcyle battery on the top of the aerator to power the spreader or just hook it up to the battery of what ever is pulling it.

There is a started rope that you pull to open the spreader, its spring operated, I just put the Nob end in my back pocket, and opening and closing a breeze.

Because the aerator is a trailer I dont have to raise it to turn ( like the gator rator or zplugger) I can follow beds, driveways and not tear up the turf at all. You dont run over your cores and holes ( like gator rator and zplugger ) so the seed has something to drop in.

The stander is a great machine to pull the aerator, I just did a 300k soccer field complex, (took 4.5 hours) and 5 small res lawns with it.

The aerator cost me $1200 spreader cost $350. IF you already own a ztr then you can pull it with that, so its cheaper then a gator rator ($2500 i think) and far more productive.

If your in the market for a zplugger your looking at 8-9k I think, you can buy a brand new stander for 6k and then add the $1550 and your total is $7500. Its cheaper and you also got a damm good mower. And again its far more productive, remember with those 2 other machine you gotta raise and lower to turn, that takes time and more things to break.

If a lawn is really compacted then I just throw a few bags of fert on the tray to give it some weight.

7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

hey Cormier, I mean hey Jim :)

first let me say after seeing your mug you are a blessed man for having such a beautiful family :)

Do you think the PG would have the power to pull that aerator set up? and what type/brand aerator is that?

8. James Cormier

from Ma

It also amazes me that such beautiful children come from me

Ive pulled it with my centri, it only works on flat lawns no hills, I was thinking of getting the zspray to replace my ultra and that would also be able to pull the aerator, (zspray is a stander chassis)

The aerator is a millcreek sold by lesco, I am not sure lesco still carries it, mine is 6 years old, but Richie & Clapper in sudbury sell a millcreek that looks just the same. $1100

9. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

i have a classen turf plugger 48R core aerator, same as what you have but, i pull my by a honda 250cc recon 4 wheeler. i also put
    concrete blocks on mine
    i like it alot, goes anywhere your want it to go.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I had kinda wondered if a Stander could be used to tow with.
    What size engine is on that Stander Jim?

Do you think over time it's putting excessive ware on the machine, particularly the hydros? I've read that some ZTR riders are only rated to tow like 80lbs (or some ridiculously low number like that).

Last thing, does the hitch mounting so low to the ground present any problems?

Neat idea. Thanks for sharing.