Aeration price 178,000 sq/ft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Sep 23, 2001.

1. I have to have this bid by October 1

178,000sq/ft total

Areate:

Over/seed:

Fertilize:

Almost all 48" tow behind. About 5,000sq/ft of it I have to use a 26"W/B. Lets see who's price I can sell.

LGF:blob1:

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

How about some more info?
    how many Lbs of seed per 1000?
    Seed cost?
    Ballfield? or home owner?
    What kind of fert?

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:) With the wide spectrum of pricing, this will get really interesting!! Time to start figuring. I am having a problem with figuring a discount for larger properties. Good post LGF!!! These are good posts, because it shows how others price, get the bid accepted, and would handle the job.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LAWNGODFATHER:

Here's what I might go with doing that 178,000 sq.ft. job you're bidding on October 1st:

aerating - since you said most of it can be done with a 48" tow behind, I would go low at about $4 or $5 per thousand sq.ft. That comes out to about $800 (give or take).

overseeding - depends on how much seed you're putting down. My rule of thumb is 100 lbs. per acre on decent turf and double that if it's bad. Since you're looking at basically a total of 4 acres, you can probably overseed everything for about $600 (cost of seed) and something more for broadcasting it.

fertilizer - I buy by the pallet and get pretty good rates. I'll assume you'll want to use 200 lbs/acre. Total cost for the fertilizer alone would be $240 or so and your cost for broadcasting the material.

Hope that gives you something to go on...rodfather

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'll do some assuming and give you a ball park, it might be high it might be low but this is how I'd bid on a relatively flat unobstructed lawn of this size that is in need of moderate overseeding and soil that is relatively balanced.

aerate = 1200.00

overseed @ 6#/1k = 2136.00

fert w/ 18-8-18 aprox 4#/1k = 578.00

3914.00 Plus tax:angry:

With the bumper guarantee on the seed job.:D

6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Here goes my bid: Aerate: 1350
    Fert: 650
    Seed @ 4lb/k 1400
    $3400 total. I'm new to aerating + find these bid workshops interesting. I may be way off here,if i needed the work maybe $3000

7. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

$2670 :)

8. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

$4726

4 lbs seed per 1000

9. What would make this thread more interesting that if we all submitted detailed bids right at say 8AM or 8Pm eastern time right on 9-26-01.

Along with a detailed info on what equipment type/amount seed/fertilizer rate of application etc.

I can guarantee that my bid will be the lowest (in reason) and I will still manage a 25% gross profit margin.

So we are all on the same page let's take any travel set up time out of the deal and you must put down at least two pounds or rye and starter fert at 1lb of N per thousand.

10. Seed: BWI 5 star Fescue : $0.82 #

Fert: 18-24-12 25% scu starter: $0.20#

Industrail land: rocky soil, but well fed

Nelson Rain Train ball feild Sprinkler. (they make it for Nelson)

No rye. It's all sun all day

6#/m for 134,000 / 10#/m for 44,000

Almost all flat. but about 48,000 will have to drag a hose to.

LGF:blob1: