Aeration Price??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ted putnam, Jun 25, 2011.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

2k for 15 acres is a great price for the homeowner. How many plugs per sq. ft. do you get with your machine though?

2. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

We are able to get $200 plus for 10,000 sq ft, acre is at least $450 and easily more.

I am in one the most lucrative parts of the 50 states, so we are able to make very good money with aeration.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

The next large purchase I am going to make will be the Lawn Soultions ride-on. I have a pull behind if you are interested.

4. benjammin

benjammin LawnSite Senior Member

The guy I use must use your formula. I pay $75 for 6,500K at my house.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I should have asked earlier. Do your prices take into account the possibility of repairs to irrigation systems caused by damage done while aerating?

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I would include a waiver for any damage as it could add up quick with a system that had lines installed shallow. Be sure to include time to mark heads or have an understanding that heads must be marked before hand. It could take a long time to mark them if you do not have a remote control.

Would you be interested in the tow behind? It is made by trac vac, 48" wide.

7. ted putnam

I appreciate the offer but my first priority is to get a self propelled model and like I said earlier, I'm leaning toward the LawnSolutions 24 inch model. I've done a lot of research/searches on here and other places online to get information on the best quality/best price tow behind aerator. I also would like a 36 inch model so I can cover more ground but still be able to fit through most gates. The pro-aire seems to be what I am looking for when it comes time to get a tow behind.

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

we have a few different things as far as damage waivers and prevention. We will mark the heads for the customer at our normal irrigation service rate of $125-150 per man hour. We run a remote, so that lets us get speed up the process. By us marking the heads we are taking responsibility that we wont hit one. Any damage caused beyond our control will be repaired by us at our service rate with our normal markup aswel. Often people will mark the heads themselves which is no problem, but more time than not they usually miss a head or two, especially when they have spray heads in the edge of the lawn that are for a plant bed zone. A damage waiver is crucial as it is not uncomon to find a pice of pipe that is barely 1" deep because it had to go over an obstacle.

9. ted putnam

So...it sounds like a liabilty waiver is a very important thing to have when offering this service. I'm glad I asked. I'd like to know what this "remote" unit to control the irrigation system is. Is it something I can purchase at an irrigation supplier? Does it work with most irrigation systems? Sorry for my ignorance on this subject but I really know very little about most irrigation systems other than adjusting heads occasionally.

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I use a woods pl72 (3 point hitch) unit on big jobs. I will have to look up the specs, cant remember how many plugs per foot off the top of my head. She pulls 3-4" plugs with 1000 lbs of weight on the aerator!