1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aeration prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JFGLN, Mar 18, 2004.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering about pricing for aeration of residential properties. I have been charging $75 for 3000sq feet with $15 extra for each 1000.
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

$14/ per 1000 sqft.. $56 minimum..
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be in my neck of the woods. A company in our area with 11 business locations is doing 5000 sq. ft. aerations for $49. $79 for 10,000 sq. ft. I wonder why we don't get that many aerating jobs.
  4. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Damn do I underprice. I do 2000-3000 for $30. 4000-6000 for $40
  5. Randy Scott

I hope you're kidding? Unfortunately I think your profile showing your age of 18 is telling me otherwise.

I look at it like this. Why would I charge somebody less than what it would cost them to do on their own. Factor in the rental of a machine, then going to pick it up (if they have something to haul it in), and then their time is worth something. I will always price at or above that scenario at the minimum. And that's how I'll explain it to them.
  6. Colorado Mowerboy

Colorado Mowerboy LawnSite Member

No, I don't think we under price, it's what the market will bear in your area. The scrubs charge 20.00, & 25.00. Most around here charge 35.00 for under 4000, and maybe 40 for 4000. TruGreen Chemlawn charge 65-75.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with ya Randy. Naturescape comes around and drops off full color flyers with their prices that I have to compete against, get this Aeration for a lawn 5 to 10k is 69.00

Ap prices are 5-10k lawn 5 apps 189.00
    They are as bad if not worse than another one of those big companies that I hate to mention. On top of that is a small independant new guy who is doing it for 175.00!!!!

I do sell aerations to educated people. I educate them and I do charge more than 69 bucks. My intro letter basically tells them that if they are price shopping they have read too much.
  8. Randy Scott

That's exactly who I'm talking about. It's $79 here though for the 5 to 10k.

How much snow is on the ground by you Ed? We got about 2 inches yesterday, starting to warm up already today though. I was able to squeeze out a salting round yesterday though. Gotta make money somehow. Of course I have a dozen various lawn estimates that need to be looked at. Take care.
  9. areation is cut thoat around some parts of chicago...guys will do up to 5 k lawn for as low as 30 bucks.

I wont even do one time areations no more the people looking for one time shots are out for the cheapest price.

The only people I areate is all my full service customers.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It lightly snows and ices up then melts. The only thing left are those medium sized black and gray snow drifts that the plows made. If those were gone I am ready to work.
    At least your are makin money on the salting. I'm just spending and estimating now but the phone rings more and more each day.