1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aeration Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ken50, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

I was wondering what you guys charge for aerating, especially Texas rates. I will be renting an aerator for now. Do you normally tie in a fall fertilization at the same time you aerate? Anything special I should know before going out and doing this, besides watching our for sprinkler systems?

Thanks in advance
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I did a search on here long time ago and most prices went from $6 to $15 per 1,000 sq ft
  3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ken, I don't believe you are supposed to Aerate Warm season turf in the fall. I believe the generally accepyed time to aerate down here is spring time.. at least that's when I do ( I'm no aeration GURU ) .. I charge between 2-4 times the weekly mowing price to do the work.. and I always try to line up as many customers on one day as possible... to help offset the rental fee for the Machine.. It makes for a gruelling, but very proffitable day:) BTW, when you rent, I would avoid the Bluebird machine LIKE THE PLAUGE... It will wear you out in a hurry.....