Aeration quote....

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gulfjoe, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I requested an aeration quote today from several large LCOs to see how much of a price difference there was. I was amazed at how high the amount one of them quoted me. What would you guys charge to aerate 10,000 sqft no obstructions with a minimal to no incline?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Have seen quotes for $50 and up. The low end guys use atv's and a pull behind unit, flyover the lawn and are done in 15 minutes. Probably would charge around $125 or so fora double pass with a wb aerator.

3. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

$100 min and would take us 15 mins with z plug.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

What do you do in the areas the z plug ccannot reach?

5. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok my numbers are on tracking with you guys. This company, a BIG company here in columbus quoted me $225
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Seed and fert or aerate only
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

A well respected local lawn care company charges approx. $20 per k for aerating and $20 per k for seeding. Does high end work.

8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a question, everybody on LS always uses the magic number of 10,000 sq ft. What is so important about 10,000 sq ft? On a 1/4 acre lot you have a paved driveway, a house and usually something else that's covering ground. In my area the average subdivision lot is 3/4- 1 acre. And I charge around $125 with my Ryan aerator. What I have to think about is someone paying that much money for about 45 min worth of work, but a lot of people think that I rent it.

9. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

If it cannot be done with zplug, it's not done. We do not own a walk behind. Zplug will go anywhere that is wide enough, holds hills like a beast.

Aerating can be labor intensive. Prices will always vary from LCO to LCO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Once you run an aerator for days on end, you will know why we charge what we do.

I would say $110 for me.

The co. that quoted you $225 probably did not want the work, would take it though if you bit on the high price.