Aeration Sales etc...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Aug 3, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys whats up? Im getting ready for Fall and all those great services that go with it. I made a flyer to go in with this months invoice offering speacial prices for people who sign up early. Check it out and tell me what you think. Also I will be bidding on leaves before the even fall for contracted customers since ill be there to mow every week, I'm hoping that doesnt come back at me but since I'll be mowing every week and finally getting the hang of bidding leaves I think I'll be close. Planning on aiming high. For aeration pricing the discounted rate is 2x the monthly mowing price plus a 10 charge. Seeding and fert will be x2 the aeration so for a $25 lawn it would cost 50 to aerate and 100 to aerate seed and fert. No seeding without fert :)

2. grassyfras

Here it is...................................................................................................

Attached Files:

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i guess its fine...it you want it to be.

personally i would think your 3rd grader put it together, and quickly at that. If you really want to grab attention, put a logo on it, spice it up a little.

trevor

4. grassyfras

I do have a logo gotta get this scanner to work. PS company name is green as can be.

5. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Grassfras,
    I'm showing my inexprience here, but why no seeding without fertilizer? I just didn't know the two were so closely connected.
    I'm really looking for your past experiences.
    Geoff

6. grassyfras

Wouldnt be as effective. I'm into sales.

7. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

So to sum it up the money or sales drives the connection! I'm not a millionaire so now see the connection! Thanks

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Seems pretty plain. No explanation why they should have aeration, or the benefits. Not trying to bust on ya. I always use the RYAN Aeration fliers that you can buy from them. Very nice, colorful, and filled with info.

9. grassyfras

I was thinking about doing something like that MTD. Ill have to look into that anyone not like the price. I know I hear on here that some guys do 3-4 the mowing price but most of my jobs are $25 to $30 and not over 8k. Last year I could areate a lawn in about 30 min.

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Go look at my website on the aeration page. There's a link on the index page. I pretty much use that page, along with the Ryan flier, to advertise. The Ryan fliers sell for 10cents a piece. Worth the price.

As far as price goes for aeration, I just try to get my $/hr I normally get, around $45-$50. Usually takes me about 45 min to an hour to aerate the average sized lawn around here.

:D