Aeration Service - How much???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 3sons, Jun 1, 2004.

1. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

My company is currently scheduling customer visits for aerating in the fall. How much should I charge for this service? Over seeding? I know it depends on yard size, but suggestions would really help. Thanks!!!
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually charge 2x the price of the mowing price for that yard plus seed cost and % markup.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

My first year I tried to go about the $10 per 1,000 sq ft I read so much about. i think that was a bit high for the area, as a lot of people commented that way. The ones I did do were very profitable, but I do think this coming fall, I will be more in the neighborhood of 2-3 times the mowing cost, to gain volume. Plus, when I break it down hourly, I'll still be making great money, as aerating has been one of the best sources of income on a per hour basis for us.

So I'd say between 2-3 times the mowing fee, so long as your mowing fees are accurate, and the market will bear those prices in your area.
  4. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

Thanks. Good advice so far. Anyone else have any ideas?
  5. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Is spring and fall the only times to aerate,or can you aerate pretty much anytime? Any do's and don'ts? I have done my yard before, just wondering if there is anything special I should know?
  6. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For aerating I charge $15 per k with a $75 minimum.
  7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

$75 for up to 3000 sq feet, $15 for each additional 1000. We aerate spring and fall when the soil is wet.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the prices for aeration (as posted on lawnsite) run anywhere from $7 to $15 per 1,000 sq ft.

I personally charge $10 per 1,000 sw ft, with a $50 minimum