1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aeration Specials

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CutNLawns, Aug 10, 2005.

1. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

When you guys advertise your aeration programs are you offering any specials in your ads? Putting a add together this week and just wanted to see how people were promoting it and if any discounts were offered.
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

No discounts, but I just got my postcards done, signs are made, I am pushing now through October.
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I run a flyer that reads "Aeration $60*" then at the bottom it states that this is for up to 5,000 sq ft. and each additional 1,000 is $10. Usually I charge $12 per 1,000, but I have had a good response with this flyer.

In the flyer I include a couple illustrations and explanations on how aeration is beneficial. I print them in grey-scale to keep cost down since it is a monthly special. The flyer has print on both sides too.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

OMG what part of the country are you in???
    Aeration for me starts at 45 ... usually, grass-cutting fee + 10 for regulars, +15 for new / one-timers.
    But, no specials, I just don't see it.
  5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your pricing is way low!!!! DO you rent the machine???? A good aerator is an investment that is very seasonal and demands a higher per hour price!
    We charge 3.5 times the regular mowing price with no complaints!
  6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

yeah $45 is free ..... we charge at least 3 times the mowing price and in some cases even higher.
  7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

where did you get the illustrations at, ive been looking for a couple of weeks now....
  8. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

That is below a "low bid" price in my market! The going rate here ranges from $38-45 per 1000sqft. Large commercials go as low as $25-28, but $10-12/ thousand..... HELL come down here and I'll sub all the ones I can to you! payup

That's a STEAL~
  9. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

Our aeration always includes seeding and fert. Base price is 125.00 for skimpy residential and most average 185.00 after figuring in the jobs that exceed 225.00. The logic for 125.00 is simple: it would cost home owner more to rent machine, buy seed, fert, and then have seed, fert left over...not even mentioning these yuppies drive sedans and can't carry a lawnaire IV in trunk...pump up the price if market will bear it. Add seeding and fert to round out the service.
  10. scout279

scout279 LawnSite Member

Hey all, been lurking here for a while figured I would put my .02 in here. I agree that is a way low price. But over the past couple years with all the new development in topsites and my area has caused some of the aeration cost to come down. Still has not affected my pricing or the amount of work I get. I do have some small lawns that I do for $50, but they are small. Usually my starting cost is $75 and up. Have lost a few bids cause of a cheaper price although the quality of my work shows in the end. Usually figure on $10-$15 per 1000 w/ the min at $50.