1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

aeration/thatching estimate

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gml9, Aug 19, 2004.

1. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

What would you charge to aerate and thatch a 1/2 lot with lots of angles/beds. My price 350.00 which I have to deduct 85 for rental of these machines.

2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

350.00 + 85.00 = 435.00
    Include your rental in the price

8hr x 43.75 = 350.00
    54.37 = 435.00

It may only take you 5-6hrs but the price is the same:)

3. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

350 includes the 85! That will only take me 2.5 hours...meaning I make 265 or so. At 435 bucks you'd never see any business!
    Good luck to you.

4. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

1/2 lot or half acre?

Im not starving.

Im getting 360 for a yard of the same size and im not aerateing
    Are you raking up and hauling the debris?
    2.5 hrs is good time to do both jobs.

Well if you go to the rental place and pick up the thach machine
    come back and thach the yard.
    Rake up the thach and load it on your truck,then take the thacher back to the rental place and pick up the aerator,run it over the yard twice, load it on the truck and carry it back to the rental place,return to the job fine tune and get paid.

The time needed to pick up and return equipment
    is also money.

5. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

I agree with coffeecraver 350 around here is not a lot of cash. especially for aerating and thatching. i could get 350 for thatching raking up the grass and leaving it at their curb. so definetly try 435-450 for that.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Don't you guy DETHATCH? All the lawns I do have the thatch all ready there, they want me to remove it by dethatching lol

Mac

7. Atlas

Atlas LawnSite Member

This may sound silly, but is a 1/2 lot 1/2 acre?

8. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

Sorry I was unclear on the "1/2". I meant 1/2 acre lot which is probably not even that big. My price didn't included the pickup of the thatch. I usually have the customer do this by bagging with there mower. If I do it there is more cost...50 bucks to my 350= 400.

9. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

i would charge 550or575 for a 1/2 acre /i charge 250 for 1000 sqr. ft. and every one sayz thats a fair price.....i have a blue bird dethather w/8hp engine and seeder box..man this machine will grind throw any soil.only use lesco products. the pay off is the greatest

10. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! how much do you guy's charge for aeration? Is there anyone doing dethatching or areration in Michigan at these prices? I know the most I can get for an aeration for a yard at 2700 square feet is $45 and dethatching for $75 and that's with pickup and removal of the thatch too! and those prices are high compared to some low balloer in the area who was doing it for 25. I suspect it was to build up their client list because they posted sighns last year for 39..