1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Aeration tines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frameman, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Frameman

Frameman LawnSite Member

Have any of you out there bought new tine for your aerators?? I have three units and are needing tines. I'm looking for better pricing than$3.95 each. Please help it was a bad year for mowing. Keeping the dollar in my pocket:usflag:
  2. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

check out thread response by br549oicu8 or contact him cause he found tines for i think $1.75 each .
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My Plugr replacement tines just cost me $21.95 a piece. But I only have six.:)
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's still cheap, mine are 8.95 each, I have 42 of them.
    They only get replaced when one falls off AND I don't see it, 1-2 a year, I think, maybe 3 or 4.
  6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

OUCH!! What kind of aerator do you have???? The link a few posts earlier is the place I bought from and it was under 2 bucks each!!
    Check them out!!
  7. greenhornet

greenhornet LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, Maybe You Could Help Me Out. I Just Found An Old Salsco 30-6, 30-6s, Or 30-12. I'm Really Not Sure Which One Because Someone Told Me They Think That's What It Looked Like To Them. Do Any Of You No Anything About This Machine? It Is Powered By A 5 Hp Briggs And Is 30'' Wide.the Tines Are Powered By Large 8'' Springs That Are Located In The Front Of The Unit.and Boy This Sucker Is Heavy.
  8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I made the mistake of paying something like $10 a tine last fall:hammerhead: Next time they get replaced, I will buy them online!
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's a classen 24" but I will!
    Idk, but...
    Those are for a Bluebird...

This thread hath enlightened my ignorant redneck butt.
  10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Want to ask about the cheap Mantis cultivator. They have to Aerator tine which is basically a slit tine that cut lines on the lawn. Do you think they will do a half way decent job?