Aeration-to mark or not to mark that is the question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

For the last few years i have been doing hundreds of aerations in my area and have always placed flags by the sprinklers of my customers lawns, of course this is very time consuming and i waste alot of time marking them do many of you do the same thing or just not worry about the marking?
  2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I provide the flags for the customer, they have to mark any and all obstacles.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We do the same...either the customer or the sprinkler people have to mark the heads. We're not responsible for them unless they were marked and we accidently damage one.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is how I do it also. 5 seasons of aerating with cam driven aerators, I haven't broke one yet.
  5. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

We have the customer or irrig. company mark heads. I talked to an irrigation contractor last fall who fixes all heads broken by the local TG/CL branch. They don't bother to mark heads, just wing it and if customer calls, they send this guy over for repairs. He say's he goes non stop thru spring and fall fixing their damage. He loves it, and so do I as those pissed off customers end up calling me!! :cool2: