1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnMowerGuy, Jul 4, 2005.

1. LawnMowerGuy

LawnMowerGuy LawnSite Member

well my partner did some aeration today and both of the people called him yelling at the point he left all the cores there. they said there lawns look like crap and they want him to come back imeddiately to clean them up.

it IS good for the lawn. what do you guys tell the clients? do you ever have this happen?
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure to explain to customers exactly what the aeration process entails, machinery used, method used, what to expect, etc. and the benefits provided. I try not to leave anything out I dislike surprises.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I tell them up front that I leave the cores unless they want to cough up extra to have me break them up. That usually settles the matter in a hurry, especially when I tell them that a little water will break the cores down pretty fast. Haven't had a problem.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

90 percent of your customers will hate them they will sat they look like dog crap.
  5. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

seems a little late to be doing this, at least down here. Let 'em know after a couple of rain showers or a couple of cuts, they'll be gone. Always a good idea to let them know up front what to expect.
  6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We leave a simple brochure after we complete an aeration job. Pretty much describes the basics on how the process works, what can be expected now and in the future, and the break down of the plugs that are left on the lawn.

We will not cleanup plugs, and the charge to do so if someone wanted them cleaned would be incredible considering just how many plugs there are.