Aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Toughweed, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Toughweed

Toughweed LawnSite Member

Alright boys, lets hear it. I currently have a turfco walk behind and a bluebird walkbehind aerator (both 10yrs old plus). Does anyone recommend a ride on or another aerator that will be more efficient, profitable and less maintenance?

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

The TurnAer 4 & 6 that Turfco has been making for 6 years now makes a nice ride behind machine. You trim out the lawn then drop the sulky on it and ride the rest of the lawn. It turns using disc brakes on each side that are applied like snowmobile brakes with the finger tips on the clutch bar. Simple, dependable and easy to care for. See them at turfco.com or call 800-679-8201 for info and video.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

If you are doing a ton of aerations on 1/2 acre or larger lawns you might want to consider the Lawn Solutions Ride on stander aerator. Not cheap but if you are doing enough you will pay off the machine quickly.

If I could only get my wife on board with marketing just aerations alone we could seriously bank. :cry:

5. Toughweed

Judging by the lawnsolutions video of the ride-on spreader, it looks uncomforable to ride-on and i dont know how it would take a little slope.

6. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Solutions....... makes aeration simple. I just purchased their Turf Revitalizer last week.... can't wait for spring to arrive.

7. Toughweed

Can anyone comment on how the lawnsolutions ride-on aerator handles slope?

8. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

This may help...here is short video of both of our aerators on some pretty extreme hills and they do it easily. Those who currentLY run them will confirm.

Hill Video (High Resolution)

Hill Video (Med Resolution)

David

Hill.jpg

9. Toughweed

Thats what I needed. Thanks....... Put that on your website! Its a selling factor!

10. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the Lawn Solutions ride on but the price is spooky. $8300.00

The ZPlug from Zspray is cheaper I believe.....or about the same price out the door while larger and not as easily or efficiently used on smaller properties it does have a lot of options for multi use though.