1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Oct 12, 2011.

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not complaining but i am ready to be done with aerations. We have been aerating everyday since the middle of August. We still have a couple of weeks left. Anyone else get to this point? Love the $ but i am just ready for the easy spray route!
  2. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Got around 50 lawns left to do. I had at least 20 people who regularly have it done said no, money is tight.
  3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Get over it. You get to use the lawnsolutions ride on and full hydro. Try running the good old ryan walk behind aerators. Drum style. Done 120 lawns so far. Only 15 left, thank god.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Aerators work ya, but the money is good and keeps a guy going (and sweating:)
    Every year I say man, I need to raise my price/K cause this is a lot of work.
  5. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

What do you guys charge in your area? its hard to get good rates out here. tons of people do it! talked to a retired guy last week that does it. i get a few knocking on my door every year
  6. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We got all our aerating done last week. We bought a new Z-Rator to put on our Walker mower and it worked fantastic. Only had to use the old push Ryan aerator on 2 yards. Not nearly as tiring and was looking for more once we started.
  7. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I love having my guy aerate. We've done close to 200 this fall. Wish I had another 100. We use a turfco turnaer 6 with a chariot. Works out well
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i want more, but could not do any cuz of drought. i love them, never tired of the bottom line after a day of aerating. i still have 10 left that are able to water, but have another 10 that the lawns are too large to water. that is pissiing me off.
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

A retired guy aerates? How long before he keels over?
  10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

How many have you done?