1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Aerator and slit seeder rental

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by speedster, Jul 6, 2010.

1. speedster

speedster LawnSite Member

Called the local rental shop today and they quoted me $70/day or $40/3 hours for each device. I've never done either but I'll be doing it to about 1/4 acre. Will I be able to accomplish this in 3 hours or will I need a full day rental. I thought about renting the Aerator on one day for 3 hours and then renting the seeder the next day for 3 hours.

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

You had better plan all day unless you are a gorilla. Even that will depend on what brand / model you are renting. They tend to beat up humans pretty badly. Plus you have to make at least 3 passes with the aerator and 2 with the seeder to do it right.

good luck

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

You should have no problem aerating your lawn in 3 hrs. then take the aerator back and if you have enough energy left rent the slit seeder for half a day. just make sure the seeder is self propelled. if not look for another rental place...

4. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not with lawn solution!!!

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with 3 and 3 the same day myself but if you want to do it in 2 days that would work too. It would just be one more trip to the rental place that way. Doing both in 3 hours would be pushing it, especially if you're not familiar with the operation of either machine.