aerator on ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jim Feder, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

look at this bad boy go to ebay type in 2311836964 it is the item # this looks good can any one tell me more about them. :p

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

You sure thats the right item # you gave? 2311836964 I key it up and they said no such item....Ill try again.....Marks Mowing Service

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

that is a golf greens type aerator. not sure it would be something for a LCO

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Why wouldn't a greens aerator be acceptable to a LCO?
    I find them much preferable over a drum type that has no ground pressure on the tines.
    Additionally, used Toro greens aerators with tremendous life remaining in them - 10 to 15 years - for use by LCO's are much less expensive that a new drum type and will run circles around drum types.
    Perhaps you are just quessing at what you don't know?

5. Jim Feder

think im going to bid on it does any one know what its worth?
    :p

6. Jim Feder

tell me what you guy think its worth?:blob2: :blob2:

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

well I guess you better buy it if its gunna run circles around me :rolleyes:

8. proscaper

proscaper LawnSite Member

I find it funny how someone would find an excellent deal on ebay and then share it with a huge group of people that have a use for the machine. I don't think you are going to get very many great deals Jim, as long as you keep going about it this way at least. Just a little advice.

Josh

9. Jim Feder

josh thanks but if you dont ask you dont know.
    :blob2:

10. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Used greens aerators by Toro shouldn't cost more than $1800 - $2500 for mid '90s and older.
    Ryan Greensaires are cheaper - at about $1500 - 1800
    Jacbosen (Smithco is same company) is about the same as Toro.
    Ryan, Jacobsen,Cushman, all became the same CO about five years ago. Parts are easily obtainable directly from the manufacturer.