Aerator & Power Rake

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ztrguy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Hey everyone! I have the opportunity to pick up an Aerator and Power Rake at a good price. I have never used either one, but I'm willing to learn. My main question is how much do you price a job? And how many jobs do you think I could pick up? Is it going to be worth it to buy them? I wouldn't think it's much of a demand in my area, but if I advertised correctly then I'm sure I could pick up some business. I would like to hear from you guys who have this service and maybe give me a heads up so to speak.....on what to expect. Thanks for your time!

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I dont know if my prices are in or out of line but on my yards that I charge 25 or 30 to cut, I charge 100 to aerate, 25 more for overseeding or fertilizing. If I didnt have so many other bills that need to come first, I would definately pick up an aerator. Havent used the power rake, yet

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a hard question to answer because every city,town etc is different. Min for us is $75:waving:

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Power rake jobs for us have usually involved simply renovating a small area. We charge $75 per hour for power raking, includes labor & materials. Typical jobs are in the neighborhood of 1 to 2 hours.
    Aeration is charged by the 1000 sq. foot. Typically involves full property aeration therefore 15000 square feet X $10.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Aeration by the 1000 square foot, 75 min.Power raking by the man hour, and disposal fee.