Aerator Purchase

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Tn Lawn Man, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of where to purchase quality commercial core aerators from online vendors?

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

have you tried Lesco?

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Used ones from unitedrentals.com
    Most of the major brands will sell to you by phone or online if there is no dealer within 100 miles or so.

4. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Plugr.com
    Theres look real nice. Expensive but they look like they won't wear you out as much. I rented one with the rotating tines and after 15 aerations my back was killing me and my hands were numb. They we're bruised pretty bad the next day.
    I'll be buying a plugr this season.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Classen split drive.

6. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

7. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Turfco (turfcodirect.com) offers factory direct TurnAer Aerators and accompanying Chariot (if you prefer to not walk). I myself trying to decide on walk behind aerator. Rented a Classen Split Drive last spring and it was not what I expected for a Split Drive. There was no height adjustment for the handle and its Split Drive feature was work. Turns wide and positive. Very little control when turning aerator.

The Turfco from what I've read and seen on their CD uses a different turn system. Disc brake setup. I talked to Lynn at Turfco and she said she'd be happy to let take for test spin if visiting their plant in Minnesota. My brother lives in the area but just doesn't have the time to stop by factory. Anyway, I'm same as you deciding on aerator purchase.

8. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

Go PLUGR!! You get what u pay for!!!!

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We are in the market for a couple of walk behind aerators, but nothing out there has me thinking, wow, that's the machine for us! The new england grows trade show will be here in boston in a few weeks, perhaps we will find something there.

10. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I second the classen split drive, they are so easy to use.