Aerator Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Maybe for a golf course. Make sure you use a core aerator, not one that just puts holes in the ground.

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

The JRCO "Hooker" aerator is not a bad unit for sandier soils, but I think you will find the consensus of the members on this site to be more in favor of a Core type aerator as opposed to the spoons like the hooker.
    If you are looking for a front mount "core" type aerator, then look to Turf Vent by Feldman ... it is a bit pricey, but would be best for long term use vs. initial investment, otherweise perhaps the Plugr w/b might be less tiresome on the body, but you might want to look at "65hoss" 's previous post regarding it and form an opinion from there.

4. LKNServices

LKNServices LawnSite Member

Yes, I have one, and I am not pleased at all. Actually, it's the worst piece of equipment I've ever bought. My dealer talked me into it. He told me something about 2 acres/hr or something like that. It is fast, but turns are hard on the machine & you can't go in reverse. Also, It isn't wide enough for a 60 ztr, and you are always covering up your "tracks" with your tires. And... it breaks all the time. It also throws dirt clods up on the operator. In a nutshell this is not your answer.

5. Mowwithhustler's

Mowwithhustler's LawnSite Member
    from 28465

yes it is very messey and it does throw a good plug but it isnt wide enough to cover the hole front radiuse of a 60 inch zero turn its a waste of money its a piece literally