Aerator shoes - check this out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pulpit46227, May 31, 2002.

1. Pulpit46227

Pulpit46227 LawnSite Member

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are Jerry Baker style shoes.

"Core" aerating sandals, Herman Munster style, might work.

3. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

My grandmother died about a year ago and I now live in her home, I found a pair of those shoes in her gardening tools......but I still used a core aerator on my lawn. I told my little brother that he could have them after he told me how he aerated his lawn...He is a helicopter pilot in the army and just bought a house in Colorado, he says his yard is a whole 5x5 foot square so he took his bayonett (cant spell) to it. I hope he took it off the rifle first lol. Im surprised he dint just shoot a bunch of holes in the lawn with his AK47.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Just yesterday I was at a big lawn equip dealer's parts counter when some guy came up to the counter and asked one of the parts guys if they sold aerator shoes. He said he just had a little yard and did not need to buy one of those big expensive aerators. He would just walk around on his lawn. I thought the parts guy was going to bust a gut trying to keep from laughing.:D

5. I've seen the ads, but I hope I never see anybody wearing them, I'll never get up off the ground.

6. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

I got an idea.

Aerator tires!

It' just make those zero turns a little messy and get noisy on concrete.

;)

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion, you have to pull a plug out of the soil to properly aerate.

8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen these advertized in home owner catalogs. I would never use them, wouldn't be caught dead in them. Any one that would use them on a yard bigger than 5x5 would need to have their head checked. :confused: because this is what he would look like.

9. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Some of the Japanese I used to work for used these seemthey were a big hit in Japan where if they had a lawn it was only a strip. They found that here the lawns were much to big. You should have seen these guys trying to push mow while wearing these.

10. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

My dad was given a pair of these as a gift. I tried them as a joke----almost killed myself trying to walk.......