Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Imow4u2, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where i can get replacement tines for a Toro 88 Aerator. All I have for aftermarket is J-thomas and they don't carry them. It has a half inch tine on it now, my local Toro dealer lists a 3/4 tine but not a half...

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yours may be 3/4". If the dealer is measuring the outside and you are measuring the inside. I have never seen a 1/2".

3. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Could be, I have two broken. I'll have him order some in and we'll compare

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

If memory serves me correctly the unit you are talking about is the old Olathe that they sold Toro back in the 80s. I am sure the Turfco Tine will fit the unit because they used the Ryan design tine. You can oder them on the Turfco web site for like $2.65 or call 800-679-8201.

When you are looking at tine specs you have to be careful. Some Mfgs measure the inside and some the outside. Also you have to make sure it is a tine for a lawn machine not a golf machine. Ryan makes tines out of different thicknesses of steel. The golf tines for their tractor pull or 3 pt units will not work in lawn aerators as the OD is too big and will distort the tine plates when installed. Lawn tines are of a thinner stronger steel and more hard with a smaller OD. The Turfco tine is an exact copy of the Ryan Lawnaire tine and will fit almost all production rolling lawn aerators.