aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pat Daniels, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

Has anyone used or seen the Gator Rotor aerator. This fits on the front of a ztr and marketed by Groundbreakers Manufacturing in Michigan.

2. Info, web site address?

3. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

Web Site is www.gator-rator.com
    It has an electric lift.
    31 inches wide
    Fits on most ztr s
    Claims you can do 3 acres an hour at 10 mph
    Cost is around 3000 dollars (thats alot)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I remember seeing it at Louisville. I just don't remember much about it...Seems like maybe the tines seemed weak to me. I just don't remember though.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This looks pretty awesome, except for two things that are questionable. First, obviously, you have to come to a complete stop to turn, or else you'd rip the unit right off of your machine. (or bend something) Second, if you have a 60 mower, you have about 15" on each side that won't get done as a perimeter border.

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

It sure does't look zero turn to me. Looks like you can only go in a strait line with the unit down. I do like the idea of putin all the wieght of the front of the mower on the tines.

7. Blade

Blade LawnSite Member

I saw this unit while in Loisville this year. It didn't seem to be able to turn. It would only aerate going straight. You have to lift tines up then turn. Seemed inefficient.

8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a mid mount would bottom out on the back end, and would be hard to manuever without spinning the back wheels if it's damp.

another idea though!!!!

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Any body out there try it yet, if so how are they?