Aerators AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Boroskey, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Bill Boroskey

Bill Boroskey LawnSite Member
    from CT.

I am in the market for an aerator and I am going to demo a Plugr by rock solid on tuesday. I have heard that they are good on flat ground but on hills they are trouble.

I am looking for a machine that is easy to operate and dependable. There are alot of machines out there and not many prices on the internet. I am looking to spend not much more than 3000.00. Is that possible?

Anyways I guess what I am looking for is some prices on some of the more popular models. I kind of prefer a walk behind so as to not tie up my Tiger. I prefer to have a separate machine so I could go and do aeration jobs and not interfere with my lawn mowing. If I have to I will use my walk behind mower as a last resort to not spend more. What is story the on the jrco unit? Is it any good?

Any info would be great>

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

What you get depends on the size of your properties. If the lawns are big then a tow behind will be better. What is the avg sq ft of the lawn you will be aerating.
  3. Bill Boroskey

from CT.

Most of my lawns are in the 5 to 10,000sqft range.

Anyone have any experience with a lesco 26 split drum?

I thought about a tow behind but I want to be able to take just a truck with no trailer to the jobs (most of the time)

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We use a Ryan lawnaire. Never had any problems. :cool:
  5. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

Bill - I bought a RYAN Lawnaire IV a few years ago. I have no problems with it yet and it is very easy to manueverand it is in you price range. Most lawns around here are 5-25,000.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I currently have a Bluebird model and will be purchasing the Plugr by Rock Solid soon (in the next month). I gave it a demo a couple years ago and it worked well. Please let me what you think. I live in Kansas and hills is not much of a factor, but I have heard the same.
  7. Bill Boroskey

from CT.

Will Do I will report back. I looked at the Lesco again today and its a nice machine for the money. Ant one know if RYAN has a web site?

8. aw20536

aw20536 LawnSite Member